DIGITAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Silicon Labs is the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
How Silicon Labs Norway Works
We are an elite team of IC Design, IC Validation, Software and HW/Tools engineers focused on developing and validating key components of the Silicon Labs IoT product portfolio. Our team has a deep understanding of all aspects of our MCU and Wireless products, from design to delivering a complete customer friendly system. Silicon Labs EFR32 and EFM32 MCU and Wireless product portfolios both originate from the Norway team. We take great pride in the technology that we deliver. We have a passion for what we do and always seek out better ways to serve our customers.
How the Oslo Digital Design Team works
The EFR32 and EFM32 MCU and Wireless products combine an energy-friendly MCU with a highly integrated radio transceiver. These devices are well suited for a variety of applications across a wide range of RF protocols, digital protocols, and power levels.
The Oslo digital design team is, in collaboration with sites in Austin and Singapore, responsible for development of these products. We deliver a low power, simplicity focused platform, which is the base for all Silicon Labs MCUs and Wireless MCUs. In addition to contributing to this platform, the Oslo Digital Design Team drives full projects from specification to validation.
We leverage our history of low power, simplicity focused designs to make the best products for the future of the Silicon Labs IoT story.
Why this position matters
The Internet of Things is a fast growing, innovative market. Silicon Labs has invested in a number of exciting and market-leading highly integrated mixed signal SoCs aimed at IoT. The low power Gecko MCUs and Wireless MCUs that we develop will be deployed in literally millions of products worldwide. The IoT is the future of Silicon Labs and the Oslo Digital Design team is at the forefront of that initiative. As a Digital Design Engineer you will work with our other digital and analog teams as well as with software teams and marketing to define and deliver key features within the low power Gecko MCU and Wireless MCU platform.
Is this a great match for you?
It is if you are a highly motivated, self-driven, talented Digital Design Engineer or New College Graduate in Electrical Engineering with demonstrated knowledge in logic design, computer architecture and VLSI. Affinity with microcontrollers and software/firmware languages is considered a plus. Successful candidates will have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Detailed block architecture/design of digital circuits
- Develop block specification and architecture
- Implement design through RTL coding, adhering to quality guidelines
- SoC Integration
- Integration of digital blocks / IP into the SoC infrastructure
- Block level verification to validate block performance with adherence to requirements using directed, random, and assertion based methods
- Develop system tests using C-code to be executed in SoC processor
- Run and debug simulations
- Perform requirement, architecture, design, and verification reviews
- Develop customer facing reference manual and datasheet material
- Completing or recently completed BS or MS (preferred) in Electrical Engineering
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals
- Coursework should include:
- Logic Design
- Computer Architecture
- Object Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of microcontrollers is a plus
- Knowledge of software/firmware languages (C) is a plus
- Enthusiastic, creative and innovative
- Excellent analytical and system troubleshooting skills
- Good written and oral communication skills (English)
- Team player
More About Us
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation.
APPLY for this position here.
…or send an email with your application, CV, grades and references to firstname.lastname@example.org